It’s only been 15 or so years that I’ve been meaning to make these… Strange…
Found this one that looked a lot like I remember them looking, so went for it:
A few things to watch though:
- Weigh the ingredients… Don’t convert them if you’re in the US – weird things will happen if you don’t.
- The batter will be very runny. Recipe says thick cream… Mine was more like milk.
- Move quickly when you ladel them into the pan. I tried tilting the pan and I just ended up with uneven coverage because they’re cooking while you’re tilting. I just ran the ladel in quick circles, splashing the batter a little, but the results overall were better.
- Try them with a few different fillings / toppings (the batter is very plan and only has a little flavor itself). A few of my favorites:
- Sugar and lemon juice
- Sugar and malt vinegar
- Finally, they may come out of the pan a little crispy – just stack tthem and they’ll soften up nicely!
Will try to upload a picture to this soon!